The material included in this presentation was prepared to facilitate the learning of the subject matter by individuals (e.g., students, teachers, engineers, scientists, researchers). The author (JN Reddy) and his institution (TAMU) do not warrant that the information in this presentation is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading. Nothing in this presentation constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. The author and his institution will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this material, for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
One may distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon the works included herein, even commercially, as long as you credit the author for the original creation. By using this material, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this material.
- Lecture 1: Vectors and Tensors
- Lecture 2: Kinematics, Kinetics, Balance of Linear Moment, Beams
- Lecture 3: Work, Energy, and Variational Calculus
- Lecture 4: Virtual Work and Energy Principles
- Lecture 5: Clapeyron’s, Betti’s, and Maxwell’s Theorems
- Lecture 6: Finite Element Method
- Appendix A: Exact Analytical Solutions of Straight Bars and Beams
- Appendix B: Notes on Beam Theories